Tuesday 29 May 2007

Oh how I've tried to like mindmaps...

Sometimes I really struggle to order all my thoughts. Now I have to write an essay and the pain is all in the structure, not the ideas - I've got too many of those...

I've tried to like mindmaps. I've heard they're useful for people who find it hard to structure their ideas in writing. Also, since I'm a very visual learner - it seemed like they should really work for me. But I just don't get them. They're too structured - little wheels and lines and circles - how can they express ideas?!. SO, I did some drawings today on paper and it was amazing how easy it was to consolidate my ideas. And I loved it! It didn't feel like hard work at all. And they worked. The ideas that are here also have strong presence in my essay.




1 comment:

David Andrew said...

My temptation is to say - "They look like mindmaps to me"- I tend to agree with you about mind maps, I find them difficult too, but I think your diagrams do have a lot in common with mindmaps, unless you take a strict interpretation.