Friday 18 May 2007

Anyway the point is...

When we're talking about the development of staff, we're talking about the development of peers, (although I'm coming to recognise that all students are potentially peers; age shouldn't matter, position shouldn't matter, qualification doesn't matter, experience doesn't matter), and in my mind, collaboration seems the most appropriate approach.  I need to understand where they're coming from and what they want to do.  The more I can understand every one of my students, the better I can be as what I think I should be which is a facilitator, and which I like better than trainer which just sounds like someone who teaches dogs to "sit!"



The only problem....what if you have a student who you really can't see eye to eye with.  Do you try to persuade them that your approach is better?  Well, I suppose you just offer an opinion. And then it's up to both of you if anyone listens to anyone else.







Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: