Friday 18 May 2007

and I like this because

..sometimes I'm a bit in awe of lecturers but seeing teaching as actually collaborating and facilitating helps me feel that I'm helping and supporting, makes the whole thing seem much more fun, more helpful, more sensible, stops me feeling like I have to be an expert and one slip and everyone will work out that I'm not.  It starts to make you think that maybe if you're a good facilitator you could almost teach anything....hmm there has to be a flaw there..surely!





Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

David Andrew said...

You can facilitate someone's learning of anything, you can teach anything superficially - but someone can only learn from you what you do. Which only makes sense if facilitation teaching and 'learning from' are different things - which needs more clarification.