Thursday 28 June 2007

It's really time...

...we knew what students were doing out there. What do they want from life? what do they want from university. I can't believe I don't know these things. Do other lecturers know these things? How are we keeping our finger on the pulse? What do students think about their experiences at uni? What do they enjoy? what don't they enjoy? I hear general mumblings that students seem to like online stuff. But what, when, how, why...who is asking these questions and finding answers?

The more I think about it the more I think my university education was rubbish. I never enjoyed a single lecture. Our seminars were incredibly boring - I don't ever remembing saying much, or being excited. I remember having to memorise a million dates of a million artworks in a dark dank library. I don't remember any of it. I never learnt anything I'd want to apply to my working or personal life. I remember loving drawing and painting....but slowly getting tired of it...feeling like it had no relevance to myself or anyone else anymore.

No comments: